In God's infinite wisdom, he decided not to give me siblings. I have not thought much about the 'why' or 'why not'. There were plenty of times I was very happy being an only child. Other times.... I can surely see the benefit of having someone who remembers all the same things, has been with you through ups and downs of life, who supports you to the death. Chances to be yourself, with someone who knows you and all your idiosyncrasies, and still loves you.
God did not create a sister for me, but he gave me one who is by far, more precious that gold.
My best friend and I have been through so much, and God keeps blessing our friendship. The admiration I have for her is boundless; my love for her fierce. Something very ugly in me raises its head when someone has not treated her kindly, and I rejoice for her in her accomplishments. We have been best friends since she bounced up to me in 5th grade, asking a shy gal who just moved to a new town to sign her autograph book. ( me).
We are so very different--- she is outspoken, organized and musically gifted. She is a natural leader. When she takes the reigns of any project, it can only succeed. People are naturally drawn to her. She boldly professes her love for the Lord, and displays it in her daily life beautifully.
We are alike in what matters: our faith, our love for our family and our love for each other. I feel so blessed to have been given the gift of her friendship.
Thanks for all you do LS----- you are medicine for my soul and you bring laughter to my spirit.
P.S. I am telling mom about the mudfish thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment